Friday, February 25, 2011

Yesterday

I have become so busy with shoots lately that I have not had time to take pictures of my kids just being kids.  So this is what happened in our house yesterday.  Nothing exciting, just a lot of playing, goofing off, and crafting.  



Hannah crafts, draws & colors 90% of the day.  She loves it.  She has been wanting to learn how to sew, so off to Hobby Lobby we went to get this little sewing kit.  This is how far she got before giving up for the day.  :)



Porter's favorite game is to throw anything down the stairs or between the railing.  Yesterday it was this foam arrow.  Most throws landed straight up!  Hannah thought it was just amazing!  30 minuets later....he finally came down the stairs.

Caleb has been telling me all about this "fish" they were making at school.  He finally brought it home and it was so cool!  I love all the detail he put into it.  It makes me want to join his art class!  Good job buddy!! 


Caleb has been playing basketball for a few weeks now and has been playing in his gross school shoes.  I finally took pity on the kid and took him to get a fancy pair of b-ball shoes.  He has been running, jumping, and skipping around the house in them for the past two days.  


Playing peek-a-boo behind my backdrop.  

Poster LOVES playing my my studio.  He thinks it is his playground.  I had a newborn shoot yesterday, so I had a few things set up.  He climbed up in the beanbag and just sat there all proud.  How could I not snap a few pictures.  He is such a ham! 


Thank goodness Hannah is so cute, because she has been a real stinker lately. 

So there you have it, our day...not exciting but lively enough for me.

As for me, I have had so many new photography adventures.   I have been hired for 3 weddings this spring!  I am very excited and nervous all at the same time.  I also have been working on setting up a mini shoot for Easter.  All these things plus my daily work keep my head swimming.  Each night I die for an hour or 2 on the couch.  I am so thankful for such a good husband who loves and takes care of me when I am in crazy town! 

Kurtis has been working hard at work and taking on a lot of moonlighting shifts.  He is also looking around for Derm jobs.  Yes, it is almost that time!  Wahoooo!! Kurtis has built shelves down in our basement, ripped out our hideous rose colored bathroom and replaces the vanity, sink, and toilet. (all of which were PINK!)  He is also kept busy with his church calling.  Between all this he still finds time to take our family out for dinner, play with the kids, and take me to the movies! 

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I want to hear more about this finding derm jobs. My fingers are crossed for utah!

Derek and Christi said...

Oh I miss you guys. I like Calebs basketball shoes, very cool! That is so awesome that you have three weddings coming up! Wow! What is Rochester going to do without you guys?
PS-Call me back!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I always LOVE your pictures!!! Your kids are so stinkin' CUTE!! How do you not squeeze them to pieces all day! Miss you!