Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Miracle!!

Ladies and Gentlemen.....
It has happened!!! Drum Roll please!!!
drrrrrrr drrrrrrr drrrrrr
I got a
NEW BEAUTIFUL DSLR CAMERA!!!
"applause"
Some times I kill myself!!

Yes, it really is a HUGE Christmas Miracle! Here is the story.
....
My (wonderful) hubby and I had been talking (me begging) about getting a DSLR camera for the past few months. (Ever since I fell in LOVE with my father-in-law's and my mother's camera.) I have been drooling over the cameras in Best Buy and Circuit City. My poor husband would just stand and smile at me as I pointed out every awesome feature of the D60, D80, and D90. Then he would carefully let me down easy by saying " We will just have to see what Christmas brings." In other words, "don't hold your breath!"
So Christmas Eve rolled around and I noticed that I only had ONE present under the tree, now mind you.....my dear husband has been VERY busy at work and I kne
w that he really did not have time to shop for me. So I was just a little sad as I went to bed that night. The next morning with all the excitement with the kids looking at what Santa delivered, Kurtis silently pointed to my stocking and told me to look inside......I was a little taken back because I knew that I never saw him put anything in there besides the yummy chocolate that I bought for him to put in my stocking. Inside was a little package. I opened it up and inside it told me to open my present under the tree.
I opened it up and guess what I saw........

A brand new Nikon D60!! It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!!! I was in shock and just broke into tears!
I just love my sweet husband!! He is too good to me!!
THANK YOU HONEY!!!

Here is one of the first pictures I took!
Look out, there may be A LOT more to come!!!!





2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Seriously Jolene, you are the luckiest girl EVERRRRRRRR!!! I want one so bad and have been drooling big time forever. I can't wait to see all the pictures you take with it!!!!!

Melanie said...

Hurray for you! I am so jealous. I would love it if you would take some pictures of Abby in her blessing dress. My in-laws are going to be here this weekend so next week would probably work better. Thanks for offering!