Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank You!

We just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you out there that sent us cards and pictures! We feel so thankful for such wonderful friends and family that take the time to write, take pictures, buy the stamps, and send them out! I know that it is a TON of work and money. So again, THANK YOU!! Also THANK YOU to all of those who gave our family gifts and yummy treats! It made the Christmas Holiday really fun for us and our kids.
And last but not least, THANK YOU to all of you who have supported and cared for our family this past year. We have had a CRAZY year and we would have not lived thought it without all of your phone calls, emails, and cards and hugs. We love and appreciate all of you!!
Love The Reed's

1 comment:

Ralphie said...

Wow exciting! There's nothing better than the smell of a new DSLR...

This is a question that I get alot actually. So I'll tell you what I do know, and then you're going to have to fill in the gaps (because after a while photography is just something you do, so I don't pay a lot of attention to the all the numbers floating on my display).

I always shoot in manual. I tried aperture prority once, for half of a photoshoot, and hated it. The reason why is because I like my pictures to be "technically" a bit over exposed. This is the glow/brightness that you are talking about. So really what I usually do it set my aperture (which ofcourse depends on what I am shooting, but usually I like to keep it low. I have a 1.8 50mm lens. I don't usually go all the way to 1.8 because my focus is a little off then) and then I watch my light meter on the inner display. I like to be a couple of steps above the "correct exposure". Then I always check and make sure my shutter speed isn't too low, if it is I change things up to get it where it needs to be for a sharp picture.

I hope that helps!!! Happy shooting and let me know how it goes.